Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen




What does one write about for the Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen but 13 Blessings? It may be a cliche but that's what Thanksgiving is, a holiday full of cliches.


1. My family. We may be quirky and our family reunions gather up the most eclectic group of individuals on the planet but we all respect each other's differences and get along.


2. My partner. 12 years and counting and she's as wonderful as she was when we first connected.


3. The Internet - it gave me my partner, my second job and it makes my first job every changing and ever interesting. Can't imagine life without it.


4. My job. In these uncertain times I feel blessed to have a job that is relatively safe. That I thoroughly enjoy it is an added bonus.


5. My two daughters. On their own with college degrees in hand. Supporting themselves at jobs that don't require them to say "and would you like fries with that?".


6. My new son-in-law. The wedding was delightful from start to finish. Every woman should have husband as sweet as Jason. She's in good hands.


7. Our new President. Finally someone I voted for won. The new feeling of hope in our country and the new interest of the young in politics is a refreshing change from the same old same old.


8. My On-Line book sellers group. I've learned so much from them and they have had such a positive impact on my book business (and its bottom line).


9. My fellow teachers. A few drive me round the bend at times but all in all you'd be hard pressed to find a harder working group of folks who do it for the kids.


10. My blogging class - Lordie those kids are fun! They keep me on their toes and the growth in their writing is joy to behold.


11. My kitties. They always greet us at the door with purrs and meows.


12. Electricity - Hurricane Ike reminded the entire city of Houston that Ben Franklin's birthday ought to be a national holiday.


13. My life. Other than an occasional ache and pain it's all good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Internet. Yay for electricity too, but mostly because I need it to get online.