1. Our fearless Library Leader retired. A replacement has been promised but so far he/ she isn't forthcoming. So we are rudder-less. Whoever takes the position has some big shoes (or rather cowboy boots) to fill.
2. The library air conditioner was wonky for the first two weeks and kept cutting off at 12:30. No matter that school wasn't over till 2:30. And the temps were 98+
3. Tech Services ditched the sorta easy for kids to remember log ins and instituted an 8 letter 3 number log on, coupled with 6 digit password. In their infinite wisdom they didn't test drive this on 5 year olds. Nope, the librarians get that pleasure.
4. The electricity went out for an hour yesterday. During lunch time.
5. The district introduced a new electronic grade book/ attendance program. It doesn't play well with others, especially the library patron and Accelerated Reader databases.
6. My Beloved has been sick with assorted malaises since May. No end in sight. She is very tired of not being herself and of being sick. That makes two of us.
7. Mercury is retrograde
9. A fast moving tropical storm gifted us with a deluge - at dismissal time.
10. The wireless network keeps going in and out. Did I mention EVERYTHING in our district is done on line?
11. Every professional had to spent several hours "immersed" in an on line class on "grading & homework guidelines". Even those of us who never, ever give grades. Or homework.
12. Last year's second graders did not, as we all hoped mature over the summer. They are as immature as they ever were. Due to several convoluted reasons many had a sub par first grade experience. We will all pay the price till they graduate.
13. We are most likely going to have to pack up the entire school and move to temporary quarters for 18 months while the old school is torn down and a new school built. Dates are still being written in very shifting sand.
On the plus side, a new 5th grader told me he'd never before enjoyed coming to the library. And tonight is Project Runway and tomorrow is Friday!