Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tool # 11 - DONE!

Well, I blotched that final assessment but good - 77%,  My competitive soul is NOT HAPPY.  Oh well, such is life, shrug and move on.  Here's Stupefix Video Celebratory Video



1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.


  Some I already knew but I'm happy to have added Tikatok and MakeBeliefs Comix to my collection.  I'm glad I played around with Thinkfinity & Learning Games and will use some of the sites from the latter two with my PGP students this upcoming year.  I'll work with teachers helping them implement Tools with their classes so which tools we'll use will be somewhat up to them.  I do plan to model at least one of them per week in my library lesson so that the Tools will remain in my teacher's frontal lobes.





2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? 


 Again, this doesn't really apply to library where all our technology is well marked with fingerprints and smudges.   This year we'll be in a transition school, so it will interesting how the teachers set up their classroom when we return to our newly constructed 21st century school.






3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? 
very proud of themselves. 


 I was surprised at how much of this I already knew (even though my assessment score does not reflect this!) and also by how many folks were proficient at e-mail and not much else.  I was utterly delighted that quite a few of the teachers  took this project and ran with it and created unbelievable blogs that went above and beyond the initial assignments. Some people  that weren't in the least bit teckie persevered and finished and are rightfully very proud of themselves. This year should be interesting!  I always enjoy any kind of on line learning and I'm glad I participated in the 11 Tools  I'm also very grateful that I've taught blogging to the students for the past 4 years.  That enabled me to come to the project with a through understanding of Blogger and how it works..  

1 comment:

Vaughn Branom said...

Congratulations on completing yet another online adventure. Look forward to seeing the "new" stuff in action as you work with the kids!