Saturday, April 02, 2005

Book MeMe

The Book Meme which I inherited from Karen is now going onward to some other folks.

You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? I haven't read Fahrenheit 451 (try though I might I just cotton to fantasy and science fiction)so I have no clue what the proper response to this question is. So, I'll opt for my favorite books of all time - the Betsy Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace. I'll pick Betsy and the Great World. Choose this particular one because Betsy goes to Europe. One of my favorite books and my favorite continent, what a combination!

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Rhett and Scarlett from Gone With the Wind (the former prior to coming out, the latter afterwards) . Current crush object is Kay Scarpetta, Patricia Cornwell's fictional character. Strong, capable and great cook. Yowser!

Last book(s) you read: An Uncommon Woman - The Empress Frederick: Daughter of Queen Victoria, Wife of the Crown Prince of Prussia, Mother of Kaiser Wilhelm

What are you currently reading? I can never read just one book. Currently rereading The Windsor Story, a biography on the Duke and Duchess of Windsor (royalty biographies are my weakness). Reading for the first time Booked to Die by John Dunning an author I discovered via Bookthink.com.

Assorted Magazines - mostly news or cooking oriented.

Blogs - lately I've been reading more blogs than books!

Five books you would take to a desert island?
The Foxfire books - so I wouldn't starve and could build a shelter.
Katherine by Anya Seton, because I can read it again and again and again and it never bores me.
Gone with the Wind - another book I can read over and over and over again. Besides it's the source of my crush objects.
Red Cross First Aid Manual - just in case!
Boat Building for Dummies!

Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
Not sure yet - guess I'd better ask a few folks if they don't mind participating! Let's see, I'll toss the stick to Julie of Bookworm, punt another toward The Other Mother who I know likes to read and the last one gets hurled in the direction Barb who is a great writer and I miss her posts. Maybe this will jumpstart her creative juices!

And that's it, I am out of the MeMe business - at least for awhile!

No comments: