Monday, May 01, 2006

Pink Eye

Pink Eye!

I had all these wonderful blog posts rolling around in my head. Then one of the oh so generous children at school shared their pinkeye with me.   It may be a minor irritant to kids, but to adults it’s pain to 10th power.  Luckily, the folks at the Smithville Texas Regional Medical Center were most helpful.  There is not any other place to go when one is staying in Bastrop, Texas, which is to small a town to have a hospital.

For 48 hours, I couldn’t read or use my computer.   Not a fun way to end what started out as a most enjoyable weekend.  

Given a choice between my eyes and my ears, I think I’d opt to keep the eyes and loose the ears.  Only I hope I’m never in a position where I have to make such a horrendous decision.

2 comments:

Msabcmom said...

OOOH - pinkeye! I am so sorry! I know that it isn't fun.

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Loads and loads of sympathy to you! Ouch!

See, I keep these disinfecting wipes in my room in several places. Kid comes in sneezing, hacking, oozing pus, inflamed, whatever, out comethe wipes the second they leave. My students say I'm a hypochondriac, but I explain to them they do nopt understand what this word means-- instead, I am their teacher who has taken ONE sick day all year.

Nyah.