Sunday, February 03, 2008

Library2Play - Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds & Readers - How have I missed out on these? Sure I've seen the little orange buttons scattered here and there on assorted blogs but I never paid much attention to them. I should have. They are a Virgo's Dream.

Thing #8 explained it all. For most of the weekend I've been busy adding all the blogs on my sidebar to my Goggle Reader. It's teidous work. I open up Blogrolling , click on the link to make sure it's still good, copy n' paste it into Goggle Reader. Repeat. And repeat. I have a crick in my neck.

Along the way I'm cleaning up my blogroll. Deleting blogs are haven't been updated in a couple of months or blogs whose content or focus has changed. I've some blogs that used to be interesting but just aren't any more - at least to me. Not to say they aren't of interest to someone else.

I do cringe when I hit the "dump it" button. I know how hard it is to keep a blog updated and how hard folks work to keep them interesting. It doesn't seem right to "dump" someone's blood, sweat and tears. But, there are only so many hours in the day and there isn't any point in cluttering up my blogroll with blogs I don't read.

It's just like culling my bookshelves or weeding the library. It gets rid of the dead wood and makes way for new blogs (or books). .

No comments: